Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Panama!

Since graduation, my best friend since high school, Natalie, has been living in Panama. I had always said I was going to visit, but our plans finally came to fruition over spring break.

I was only there for a week but Natalie had a schedule lined up so I would see as much of Panama as possible. Natalie, who has since returned home, was living with a Panamanian so we got the native's perspective of the country.
The flight down was painless, we spent Monday(the day I arrived) evening taking a driving tour of Panama City and catching up.   

Bright and early Tuesday we drove from Panama City to Venao Cove in Pedasi, with a stop for lunch and zip lining in El Valle de Anton. We didn't arrive to Venao Cove until late, but out hostel was directly on the beach (Pacific Ocean side). It was about a billion degrees but we fell asleep to the sound of the ocean.

View from the hostel
We spent Wednesday morning on the beach, no one was there, it was like we had our own private beach. We spent the afternoon trekking back to Panama City.
We woke up early Thursday morning to make the trip to San Blas (Atlantic Ocean side). We did a tour, and the company picked us up right outside of Natalie's apartment, drove us the two hours to San Blas, and back. It was BEAUTIFUL. Words could never describe how much like paradise this place was. 
 
We spent Friday exploring Panama City. We went to the Miraflores Locks in the Panama Canal, and visited the old part of the city, Casco. I got all of  my souvenir shopping there in the markets. 
Saturday morning we drove to Royal Decameron Beach Resort, an all inclusive, all you can eat, all you can drink, resort right on the beach, will a number of pools to choose from.
Sunday we headed back to Panama City, back into Casco, and I got myself a tattoo! I had been planning it for a while now, I was going to get it last year in Amsterdam, but it was going to be so expensive. In Panama, the price was right. We spent Sunday night packing Natalie & weighing suitcases, and Monday morning we both flew back to Boston for good.
On my left foot!
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment