Tuesday, October 2, 2012

PC Placement Office, you make my heart sing

No monumental news, but baby steps in the right direction. I had a dream last night that I had received an invitation to serve in Senegal-- but then I woke up. Boo. It must have been a premonition that the Peace Corps would be contacting me today!

My pal, Doug, from the Placement and Assessment Office, sent me an email requesting more information before my placement interview (apparently I'm having one of those). He asked me to send him an updated resume & transcript, and to fill out and return a form of questions he sent to me. 

Any new romantic relationship? No. Newly divorced? No. What are your expectations for service? What do you foresee your five biggest challenges being? (My first draft said spiders, list has since been revised). Are your friends & family supporting your decision. That's a big YES (Hannah has offered to everything short of injuring someone to find out my placement). And then the scary questions: Are you prepared to serve in a site with limited or no “amenities” such as electricity, running water or indoor toilet? Are you prepared to serve in a site that is isolated and/or a significant distance from other PCVs? Are you prepared to serve in a site where access to means of communication such as internet or cell phone service is limited or non-existent? I hope.

I'm waiting on my transcript from Wheaton, but I submitted everything else within two hours, obviously.

0 comments:

Post a Comment